ABOUT

THE FOUNDATION


MARQUIS CARIO TANCREDI BAROLO


MARCHIONESS GIULIA COLBERT BAROLO


BLESSED MOTHER ENRICHETTA

The Sisters of St. Ann is a Congregation dedicated to the cause of Women’s education. The Sisterhood was started in Turin (Italy) in 1834 by a noble couple Marquis Carlo and Marchioness Giulia of Borolo and consolidated by Sister EnrichettaDominici. The desire to share God’s love with the poor and under privileged children in any part of the world led the sisters to undertake the long and tedious journey to India. Mother Enrichetta the then Superior General sent six Italian sisters to India. They reached Secunderabad in 1871 and started a school there.

Later, when the parents of Eluru pleaded for a school for girls, the Sisters started St. Theresa’s High School in Eluru in 1938. It was the fulfillment of the dream of Mother Clemenza the then Provincial Superior that led to the foundation of the College on 5th July1953


HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE

Ch.S.D.St. Theresa’s College was founded in 1953 by sisters of St. Ann of Providence, Secunderabad. It offers Intermediate, Degree and Postgraduate courses to the girl students. The college was affiliated to the Andhra University which granted autonomy to the degree section during the year 1987-88. The college was assessed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 1998, 2005 & 2012 and was awarded ‘A’ Grade with Top Score. The University Grants Commission conferred the award of COLLEGE WITH POTENTIAL FOR EXCELLENCE in the year 2005. The College is currently affiliated to Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajamahendravaram.

St. Theresa’s College is a Catholic Minority Institution, but it is open to all the students as well. In carrying out its aims the college as a minority institution, reserves for itself its inherent and constitutionally recognized rights of Management and Administration. Freedom of conscience and other religious faiths will always be respected in this institution, but public and organized worship other than catholic may not be carried out in the college and hostel premises.


Our pioneers


MOTHER CLEMENZA

The first Correspondent Sr.Theresa, the dynamic provincial Superior who started the college.

SR.EUFRASINA- GUDING LIGHT


BRO.GIANY DAVID-ARCHITECT


SRI.CHINTALAPATI MURTY RAJU AND SATYAVATI DEVI

Our Benefactors.


Vision and Mission

OUR VISION


To create personally mature,professionally equipped and service oriented integrated women leaders committed to excellence and trained on the lines of Gospel truths to become assests to the Community and Nation

OUR MISSION


True to the Theresian Motto “From Darkness to Light” we strive to create integrated women leaders, empowered and committed to excellence, pro-active, innovative custodians of culture and heritage, channels of human values and lights of God’s transforming love.

From the Desk of the PRINCIPAL

"Thamasoma Jyothirgamaya"

Lord lead us from darkness to light. With this prayer and motto the Theresians dispel the darkness of ignorance, illiteracy, inequality and injustice; usher in a new dawn in the social and intellectual horizon of our students lives brighten their future with skill and self confidence and enflame their desire to become better and keep growing,achieving and succeeding for themselves,their families and for the society. Since its humble beginning in 1953 the college has grown in leaps and bounds, achieving laurels, emerged as a trend setter in women's education. Autonomous for the past 30 years having earned the coveted College for Potential for Excellence (CPE) status from UGC in 2006, and a five star from NAAC in 1998 and from then A grade in II and III cycles, the institution teaches the young girls to give colour to their dreams, power to their aspirations finding fulfilment, we equip them to emerge as empowered women, socially responsible citizens who will make a difference in every walk of their life. As a Christian minority institution we give importance to truth, Love , secularism, and train our students in the path of Gospel Values set down by Jesus Christ the teacher par excellence

CAMPUS LIFE

CAMPUS ENVIRONMENT

St. Theresa’s is one of the best global institutions. Modernized buildings, fully furnished classrooms, laboratories designed with state-of-art equipment, aesthetically appealing ambience, meticulously maintained hostels and well managed libraries are the assets of this glorious Institution making it on par with the best in the Country.All the measures, over the past years, have made the campus a much safer place, for girl students

CAMPUS LIFE STYLE

The College is well known for its discipline, value-oriented academic acumen, conducive and student-friendly ambience .It's a diverse community of students at our college . Creation of the best learning atmosphere for excellence in educational practices has been prioritized. It is an Institution with the plethora of curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities that are part and parcel of campus life .

STUDENT AFFAIRS

All activities related to extracurricular programs, forums, clubs, community service, and entrepreneurship cell and students council are managed by the student affairs department. Counselors are available to guide students and share personal issues.

OUR FACILITIES

  • A Well furnished and hygienically maintained cafeteria,
  • A luncheon room, parking lot,
  • A magnificent auditorium
  • Gym, health centre
  • Centrally located play ground
  • Bank on the campus
  • Cyber café
  • A prathanalaya, for spiritual peace
  • 100 KW Solar power plant