ACADEMICS

Department of Telugu and Hindi

Telugu dand Hindi department is one of the oldest departments of the institution which was started in 1953.Telugu the language of the land is as fertile as the lush green West Godavari District .From the time of its inception the department has been playing a very important role in keeping up the culture traditions of land. Read More

Department of English

The English Department established at the very inception of the college in 1953 has been the hub of excellence through innovation. The former Principals, the dynamic Sr. Josephine, a visionary and Sr. Winifred, the architect of autonomy belonged to the English Department. One of the stalwarts, Mr. Kondamudi Sri Rama Murthy was an eminent writer who won the state Nandi Award. Read More

Department of Mathematics

Department of Mathematics is one of the oldest departments of the institution and also among the Andhra University affiliated colleges, established in the year 1958. It was formally inaugurated by Dr C D Deshmukh the then UGC Chairman, under the principal ship of Mrs. L D SouzaRead More

Department of Physics

In a technologically growing world theresians should not lag behind in contributing our share towards its progress .One should visualize the future on time , think daringly and turn it into reality through study training ,enterprise and resource in well equipped Department of Physics where in you have the exposure to execute projects. Read More

Department of Chemistry

Department of Chemistry started in the year 1956 for PUC course with eight students.The Department of chemistry expanded its horizons in 1958 with stalwart’s Mrs.G.Savithri, Mrs.B.B.Sulochana, Dr.A.V.Subayamma, Dr.Jameelunisa begum and Dr.G.Jyothi as Head’s of the Department. Read More

Department of Botany

Department of Botany was established in 1958. Department has made its vision to unravel the wondrous mysteries of the plant sciences to students. The strongholds of the department are promoting excellence in teaching methodologies, encouraging practical orientation in the core subject, development in the field study and equipping the students with research. Read More

Department of Zoology

The starting of Biology course in our college dates as back as 1958 with 16 students on rolls, Dr. Adilakshmi was the first head of the department in 1960. After the Biology department was bifurcated into Botany and Zoology departments, Mrs. Chandraprabha and Adilakshmi were heads of the department respectively. Read More

Department of Applied Science

Lifesciences is an exceptionally broad discipline encompassing specialities as diverse as microbiology, as deep as biochemistry and as helthy as nutrition and dietetics. A skilled knowledge in lifesciences improves quality of human life. Research in lifesciences brings home nutritious food, healthy life, reduced risk of diseases. Read More

Department of Computer Science

The department of computer science was established in the academic year 1988. Thedepartment was formally inaugurated by Sri. Narasimha Rao , Advocate Eluru and is blessed bythe then Principal Sr.Winifred under the guidance of Dr.G.Lalitha, M.Sc.,M.Tech. the first headof the department of Computer Science. Read More

Department of Arts

The department of Social sciences was started with PUC course along with the establishment of the college with 8 students on 5TH July 1953 . The foundation for the department was laid by Mrs. Savithri , Mrs. D’Souja, miss Daisy and Miss Tankamma. In 1958 B.A, HEP, Was started. Read More

Department of Management Sciences

The mission of Department of Management Studies is to create integrated women managers and equip them with skill-based, practical business management knowledge and analytical skills and develop their capacity to lead domestic and global organisations through adaptability, innovation and creativity. Read More

Department of Commerce

Prepare women entrepreneurs and managers for the development of healthy and ecient business worldDepartment of commerce was established in 1971. Gradually thedepartment expanded in strength of students and courses. The autonomygave extensive freedom to the enthusiastic faculty members who wereyoung with bubbling innovative ideas. With their initiative, several newcourses were introduced breaking the tradition of &ve decades old subjectsand syllabus.Read More

Department of Web Technology

Multimedia and Web Technology department has three computer laboratories for the three years students. All labs are open for Teaching, research and development. These laboratories are equipped with desktop computers, laser printers a projector for teaching, data shows, multimedia facilities, and other computer resources shared through local area network. These labs use Windows XP operating system and serve department staff members, Department students. Read More

Department of Home Science

Department Introduction: Department of Home Science, Established in 1970 with foresight of Rev. Sr. Josephine, Former Principal and celebrated Silver Jubilee in 1995 and Chief Guest was Dr. P. V. Ranga Rao. Read More