The department of Social sciences was started with PUC course along with the establishment of the college with 8 students on 5TH July 1953 . The foundation for the department was laid by Mrs. Savithri , Mrs. D’Souja, miss Daisy and Miss Tankamma. In 1958 B.A, HEP, Was started. In 1971 Psychology and social work and post graduate department of economics were introduced Sr. Graziana , Sr. Winifred , Mrs. Devayani , chitrpu Lakshmi, Miss Raghavarani and Mrs. Swarnalatha were some of the lecturers of past journey , who guided the students towards academic excellence .
|S.no||Name||Designation||Qualification||Years of service||Specialization||Photo|
|1||Mrs.D.Brahmeswari||Head of the department||M.A.(History), M.A.(Politics), MPhil||37||HISTORY|
|2||Dr.P.Ratna Mary||Lecturer||M.A (HIS & POL), M.Phil T||26y||HISTORY|
|3||Dr.Sr.Marietta D’Mello||lecturer||M.A.,M.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D.||25||Psychology|
|4||G.M.R. Josephine||lecturer||M.A., B.Ed.||20||Psychology|
|6||G.M.VIJAYA RATNA KUMARI||lecturer||MA History,MA Politics,M Phil||11||History|
|7||Y.SAILAJA||lecturer||M.A ( public administration )||4||political sciences|
|8||K. Nagamani||Lecture||M.A, B.Ed||3||Economics|
|9||Seelam Surekha||lecturer||M.A.||1||Social Work|
Mrs.D.Brahmeswari has done two minor research projects.
1. The department conducted a field trip to pattepuram and visited Sri Chintalapati Murthy Raju gari Gandhi Museum